Bindarri (“many creeks”) is country for the Gumbaynggirr people. Its a beautiful area close to Coffs.
Take your time to savour this 4WD or adventure riding loop:
- Take a short detour up to the viewing platform at Karangi Dam and see the Coffs Harbour water supply and how the flow in the Orara River is managed
- Stop over at Bindarray Picnic Area at the bottom of Pine Rd
- Take the short walk through the old growth forest to Bangalore Falls – admire the hoop pine and cabbage tree palms and listen to the birds
- Take a short walk to see the gorge and falls on the upper Urumbilum River
- Pop over to nearby Ulong for a coffee and treat from Cafe in the Valley
- Admire the old growth brushbox and blackbutt forest along Langleys Rd
- Eastern Dorrigo Way is a scenic tar road with tight curves, but this route follows the gravel Ridge Rd alternative
The roads through Bindarri NP are 4WD dry weather roads, and impassable when wet.